Kindly note that ICOR performs Muslim marriages only
Please ensure that the below requirements are fulfilled before requesting for a Nikah to be performed at ICOR:
- Express permission from the Wali (guardian) of the bride must be obtained by the groom.
- Obtain a marriage license from the King County Recorder’s Office. Details can be found here: https://www.kingcounty.gov/depts/records-licensing/recorders-office/marriage-licensing.aspx
- Both bride and groom must agree on the Mahr (dowry) amount before the Nikah.
- Identify the witnesses who will be present to witness the Nikah. The witnesses must be two adult Muslim males.
- The bride should have a representative (Wakeel) to represent her at the Nikah.
- Make an appointment with the Imam to discuss issues relating to the Nikah and to confirm the date/time.
- Furnish copies of legal ID at the time of submitting the Washington State Marriage License.