As every year, Islamic Center of Redmond (ICOR) will be organizing a Qur’an Competition this year as well, InshaAllah.
Where and When?
Competition will InshaAllah take place at the ICOR Masjid, on Saturday, November 10, 2018 at 12:30pm (after Dhuhr).
Winners will be announced and all participants will be awarded during our awards event on Saturday, November 17, 2018 after Isha. Dinner will be served.
Do you have any Training Classes?
How do I register?
Click the button below to register. Deadline to register for the competition is November 01, 2018.
What is the Fees?
Which Surah do I need to prepare?
Surah assignments are done based on age groups, see the flier below to find yours.
How will the participants be evaluated?
- Participants will be judged according to their proficiency in memorization and recitation (makhraj, tajweed rules).
- Participants are required to recite from memory and will not be allowed to read from a Mushaf.
- Participants must read confidently and clearly.
Any other guidelines?
- Girl participants (age 10 and above) will recite to a lady judge.
- By default, participants compete in their own age group, but are allowed to compete in higher age groups. Note that participants may not compete in lower age groups.
- Judges will make the final decision and winners will be rewarded but participants must remember they are competing for the pleasure of Allah SWT.
[pdf-embedder url=”http://www.redmondmosque.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/ICOR-Quran-Competition-2018-Flier.pdf” title=”ICOR Qur’an Competition 2018 – Flier”]